Monday, October 20, 2008

Did I ever really leave?


My desk looks the same, except that someone stole my mouse... who does that? Even my wall calendar hasn't changed since I left. My due date is still marked on it, even though we all know that I didn't make it until then. This morning was rough. I didn't sleep at all last night, I had some pretty intense nightmares about work, and then I just stared at the ceiling from about 3am until it was time to get in the shower this morning. I guess I thought it wouldn't be a big deal to just leave my little Mac when she was 12 weeks old and go right back to work. I was wrong. This is hard. It's going to be a big adjustment for the both of us in the next few weeks until I get the hang of this again. It's a good thing I said I was committed to coming back before I left in July... I don't think I could have done this if I hadn't given my word before hand. Stupid integrity.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Linds. Just letting you know I am praying for you today. : )

Jody Britton said...

I'm so sorry it was so hard. I pray you adjust quickly. :(

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Awwww, Linds. :( I'd be concerned if it had been easy for you! You're a good mama, and you just love your baby. How could you not? She's adorable.

I'll be praying for you this week. Integrity is a good thing. :)

The Sturtz Family said...

I hope you survived your first day away from McKenna! It will get easier! Also.. Here is a coupon for Old Navy.. http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2008/10/spend-75-get-15-off-at-old-navy-through.html