Monday, September 22, 2008

Word to my homies...



McKenna received this bag in the mail from some family friends of ours the Denk's from Arizona. I decided that it would be fun to take some pictures of McKenna in the bag to send to them... she decided to flash the peace sign (or gang signs, looks like 'west side' to me) while in the bag, which made for some pretty cute pictures.

I can't believe how fast she's growing, it seems like yesterday I was huge and swollen and miserably pregnant with her. Tomorrow we go for her two month check up, and I'm pretty sure the doctor is going to tell us that she's over 11 pounds, almost double her birth weight. She smiles and coos, kicks her little arms and legs and recognizes John and me. How fun is that? It makes me even more sad that I have to go back to work soon, it's been nice to be home with her. Honestly I haven't missed the office drama one iota. It's interesting how my whole focus has shifted from work to McKenna...I guess that's by design. I think I'm going to have a hard time concentrating for the first few weeks, mainly because my job was/is so fast paced and sometimes stressful. It will be interesting to see how that changes when I go back...maybe things that seemed like a big deal three months ago, won't seem so huge anymore.

One more picture, because I can't help myself...these are some PJ's that Aunt Blair bought for McKenna, and when I saw them initially I thought that she would never fit into them... how cute are they?

3 comments:

Jody Britton said...

Maybe it's not so much a peace sign, but rather a "save me I'm drowning" sign. HAHA. Very cute! And I love my new feed that told me you blogged! :) I'll be praying for you as you head back to work.

Mackenzie Turrill said...

She is getting so big!!! :) Thanks for your encouragement about the sleep thing...I guess what I'm learning from this little girl is just to take it "one day at a time!" (isn't that the motto of Alcoholics Annonymous? anyways..:) We have Babywise and have been reading "The Baby Whisperer." I think the struggle is when they are just so over-tired...it's miserable on all of us (I don't know who cries more!) I guess my question is how does all of that work when you CAN'T always be at home for their usual routine? Have you mastered that yet? I'd love to know.

We would LOVE dinner with you guys. Our week has already gotten busy, but we'd love a raincheck! (or we could do daytime hang, I'll call soon!) Thanks for your encouragement.

BMer916 said...

she better watch out, green is rival gang colors with north thornton! word!