Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Inherited Narcolepsy...

It seems that McKenna has inherited her father's love for sleeping... see 'exhibit A' below this post. I have a hard time waking either of them up from a nap. In fact, they're both sleeping now, and I have tried (unsuccessfully) to wake both of them up so they would play with me, but I guess it's not in the cards. I am becoming increasingly bored this evening, the RNC isn't nearly as engaging as I'd hoped, the Rockies are winning, I now know more than I ever needed to know about the genetic condition of gigantism, and America's Got Talent proves that America may not, in fact, have any talent. So because of this, I redesigned my blog page, created a new header, and am desperately trying to think of something entertaining to write so that people will continue to visit this blog.

Unfortunately, I may be unsuccessful in this pursuit. I have 500 other things I should be doing right now, but I can't bring myself to do any of them, because watching the baby sleep is infinitely more satisfying than housework of any variety. I figure that I should enjoy these days because they will be given to me in a limited supply, not only because she is growing so fast, but also because I am already half way through my maternity leave. I am really struggling with the idea of having to go back to work, I never thought the decision to return would be so difficult...it's a good thing I made the choice before I left the office in the first place. I am also worried about who I'm going to leave her with on Wednesdays, I'm just going to keep praying that God would lead me to the person/place McKenna is supposed to be with. This all is much harder than I thought it would be, I am more attached to this little person than I realized was possible.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Feel your pain, Linds! I will be praying for a peace of heart and mind and specifically for the person on Wednesdays. let me know if there is more I can pray for. : )

Laura said...

ok...she's so cute...I can't wait to meet her!!