Monday, September 15, 2008

So close...

McKenna slept for 7 hours (in a row, that's why it's exciting) the other night. I think we're getting close to her sleeping through the night. The only problem with the longer spells of sleeping, relates to the fact that then I wake up in a dead panic because I haven't heard the baby make a noise. Hopefully soon I'll be able to sleep through the night too...maybe I should try the rocking chair or perhaps some warm milk, I've heard from reliable sources that those methods work. I may have a more difficult time than McKenna, we shall see.

She's also started smiling this week, which is a fun new addition to her repertoire of tricks. We spend many hours a day trying to make her smile, which is exhausting. Here's a rare sighting caught on tape:

1 comment:

Laura said...

ok...I love her smiling face!! I think the earliest I'll be there is late november!