Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pinkalicious!

For those of you with little girls, you may or may not of heard of the children's book, Pinkalicious, by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann.
Several of my friends had told me what a fun story it was, and while we were in California McKenna was desperately looking for something for us to read to her. We ran across the book at Target and bought it for her. Since then, she and Pinkalicious have become inseparable. I'm not sure if we can blame McKenna's recent terrible twos on Pinkalicious, but I'm about to the point where I'd like to blame someone!

Either way, McKenna's new found obsession for cupcakes had to have come from somewhere. The other day we were at the grocery store (Jocelyn - see: Market) and she asked me for a cupcake. I came up with the idea to make pink cupcakes like the ones Pinkalicious and her mom make in the book. I told her we were going to bake them before dinner last night... she was so excited! I let her help with adding ingredients, she was able to sit on the counter while we added food coloring to achieve the perfect color of pink, all and all a positive first baking experience. John shot a little video of the affair, it's rather long, but please stick with it. It's well worth the wait... trust me!

No comments: