Wednesday, August 11, 2010

McKenna Turns Two!


It's hard to believe McKenna is two years old! Maybe her grouchiness is directly correlated to her age...Hmm... Then I realized, "she's two" is a great explanation for a lot of the things she does.

Like when she wants to wear her bathing suit (Mommy, I wanna wear Baby Soup)...

Or when she is fighting us about eating...and accidentally falls asleep at the table:

Or wants to wear her sunglasses indoors:
She's already one of the funniest people I know, and believe me that's saying something (I have my humor as a benchmark for funniness... 'cause I'm hilarious). I love the little girl she's turning in to, she is shy but confident, loving and goofy... just a joy producing kiddo. I don't know what we'd do without her... and in the future she'll be able to reach things for me on the high shelves in the kitchen... she's already 3'1.5" tall... her predicted height is between 5'9" & 5'11"... she's going to blow past me and my height-challengedness.

Here are some pictures of her from her birthday party (can you believe how much she's changed in a year?):

Last Year:
This year:






Here are some pics of her completed big girl room (is it a problem that I'm jealous of my two year old's room?):




We love you little bubba! Can't wait to find out what the next year with you will bring :-)

4 comments:

The Larsons said...

LOVE IT! She's so cute, and such a grown up ;) Love the new room, and love how you matched on her birthday- blue and brown are so cute!

Kass said...

Still has the same, cute, scrunched-up nose face!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

She's such a doll!!! And super cute room, Linds! I'm jealous too - way more put together than ours! :)

Deborah said...

McKenna is darling. You say it right -- joy. I like her cake, but her 1 year old cupcake is still my all time favorite. I want one for my birthday!!!!