Friday, May 1, 2009

As Promised... 9 Month Stats

Ok, here they are:

Height: 28 1/2" - 70th percentile
Weight: 20 lbs, 1 oz - 80th percentile
Head Circumference: 18 1/4" - 95th percentile

The doc says she's happy, healthy and cute! The weirdest part of our whole visit was the news that babies are now supposed to stay in rear facing car seats until they're two... which means McKenna won't be able to experience the sheer joy of seeing out the front window for quite some time. Sad for her...but mostly sad for my back. She's HEAVY!!! So if anyone has any suggestions for new car seats that can be installed as rear facing and then changed to front facing when she's ready, let me know.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I think a lot of the convertible car seats can do that. Daniel and I are going to check them out at Babies 'R' Us tonight. I'll let you know what we find.

The Kungl Family said...

That is very strange...I have not heard about that. Guess I will have some questions at Connor's next Dr visit. I've heard that Peg-perego is a good brand that is both rear/front facing...although they are kind of expensive!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Really!? Bummer. We were hoping to not have to buy another one. Heather's right. You want a convertible carseat. We have Evenflo ones, and we really like them. I'm sad, because it was so fun to turn the girls around at age one. It was a whole new perspective for them, and so fun for me to look back and see cute little faces.

Anyway... McKenna is just a little chunk of CUTENESS, isn't she?! We have Brody's 9 month appt. next Monday, so we'll so how they compare. I'm betting money on Brody being a bit lower on the scales. We told him he just has to bulk up in time for football. ;)