Friday, August 22, 2008

Sleeping like a baby...

I can't hardly believe that McKenna's a month old, it really seems like it was yesterday that I was in the hospital waiting to bring her home. She is such a good baby, she takes good naps, still only gets up once in the night and is rarely fussy. We are blessed. She really is a representation of God's grace for us, through her we get a small taste of what God's love for us is like.

Every time I feed her(did I mention she loves to eat?) I am reminded of the verse, 1 Peter 2:1-3; "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." It's a great message for all of us to make sure that we are called to get rid of all of the junk in our lives, and desire what the Lord has for us. It's fun to look at McKenna and see what innocence looks like...if only it would last forever :-)

On a lighter note, John decided that McKenna needed some sunglasses while we were at the mall last week. As you can see from the picture, she loves them...

Also, I have noticed that when she naps, she has adopted Josh Pittman's newborn napping style, hands behind the head (I don't know if Josh still does this, I recall pictures of him sleeping like this when he was an infant). I have some pictures of this too:

2 comments:

Heather said...

I totally adore her hair.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh, how I wish I could sleep like that!

And I could just hear you saying this: "As you can see from the picture, she loves them..." LOL! So cute.