Saturday, March 14, 2009

There's Mud in Your Eye...

In case anyone was wondering if baby spit up stings when it gets in your eyes, the answer is an emphatic yes... and the answer to the next logical question is, no, there will be no photos to commemorate this momentous occasion.

Tonight when John and I were putting McKenna to bed, John read her a bible story from The Jesus Storybook Bible, and I fed her a bottle and we prayed with her, which is similar to every other night of her little life. That's where the similarities ended. I stood up from the rocking chair to put McKenna in her crib... when all of a sudden she proceeded to sneeze and spit up at the same time. Did I mention she was facing me? Awesome. Thankfully, I was wearing my OSHA certified protective eyewear, but complete isolation was not achieved. Some droplets of stinky stuff still made it into my eyes. I am now wearing a completely different outfit and have washed my glasses with soap and water... dried them... they still were gross, and now they have been cleaned with Windex.

I have been so damaged by the contamination that I think I will call it a night and head for bed. Ah, the joys of Motherhood.

1 comment:

The Kungl Family said...

Jake knows exactly how this feels...I tried to worn him, but he likes to play rough with Connor right after he has had a bottle. I think he finally learned his lesson....the hard way! :)