Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Christmas!

Hi All, I know it's been a long time since my last post... we've been busy around here, and are about to get busier with Christmas coming soon. We have been in California for the last week visiting family and going to our annual "Tomblin Family Christmas" party, and then having an early Christmas with my Mom, Step-Dan, Sister and Brother-in-law.

I wanted to post some pictures of McKenna getting a bath in Grandma's kitchen sink, I thought they were pretty cute. I removed the x-rated ones out of consideration for our younger viewers.


Tomblin Family Christmas was an interesting experience as usual, it's fun to see every one even if it is only once a year. It's a little weird to see all of my cousins that are around my same age (most are much, much older) with their own careers and kids.

Then we went to my sister and Jared's house for our gift exchange, it was great spending time with everyone.

I would like to make a small complaint regarding my flight home... beyond the fact that we had to get into our car when it was -8. McKenna had a devil child behind her on the flight home. She was sleeping, minding her own business when 'Chucky' decided that it would be an awesome idea to kick her seat 5,000,000 times and scream at the top of his lungs to get his parent's attention. I think the armrests at my seat have permanent finger marks from me gripping them so hard to avoid choking the kid first, and the parents second. My favorite part of their dicipline for the little jerk was when they said, "I'm mad at you, so I'm going to pretend that you're not here" which made him screech at the top of his lungs until they decided to pay attention to him again, thus (in my opinion) reinforcing his horrible behavior. I also appreciated the "I'm going to take away your shoes if you keep kicking that chair..." So he just kicked it without shoes, SUCH and improvement. My poor little Mac was wide eyed and shaking because he was screaming so loudly, she was scared to death. What a way to be woken up from a Tylenol induced coma... Anyway... I had a screaming baby on the plane, so people were staring at me (she was inconsolable, because everytime she quieted down, that awful kid started in again with the screeching and kicking) which could have been entirely avoided had these parents been able to control their kid. I should have chose my seat more wisely... I saw him pulling on his 'leash' in the airport and they couldn't control him there either.

I realize I've been a parent for about 10 minutes, so maybe I don' t know what it's like, but c'mon, seriously...

Enough ranting for one post I think.

1 comment:

Keli said...

Such a sweet baby. She fills up the sink now, just wait, before you know it she will fill up the tub!